Note: Model 240FX is manufactured for CEC by Takagi. The AquaStar name is trademarked and licensed by Bosch.
The 240FX water heater is warranted by the Manufacturer (Takagi USA) through Controlled Energy Corp. (CEC). CEC will furnish a replacement heat exchanger and will furnish a replacement of any other part which fails in normal use and service within the applicable periods specified
below, in accordance with the terms of this warranty. The CEC replacement will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty. This warranty will be valid only for water heaters in possession of the original purchaser as recorded on the warranty card.
If the heat exchanger fails within five (5) years after the original installation and operation, CEC will furnish a replacement heat exchanger. However, if the water heater is installed in other than a single family dwelling, or is used as a circulating
heater in any application, this heat exchanger warranty is limited to two (2) years from date of original installation and operation.
If any other part fails within two (2) years after original installation and operation, CEC will furnish a replacement part free of charge.
In addition to supplying the replacement part(s), CEC will pay transportation costs for these parts to a convenient delivery point near you selected by CEC, such as a local AquaStar dealer or distributor.
This warranty does not cover any labor costs associated with service, removal or re-installation of part(s). All such costs must be borne by the Purchaser.
This warranty will not apply:
1. to defects or malfunctions resulting from failure to properly install, operate or maintain the unit in accordance with the printed instructions provided;
2. to damage or abuse, accident, neglect or freezing and other acts of nature;
3. to damage resulting from operation with any safety devices disabled;
4. to failure of the heat exchanger resulting from the operation of the water heater in a corrosive atmosphere or at water temperatures exceeding the maximum rating, or if the water heater is not supplied with potable water;
5. to defects or damage caused by any attachment or modification, including any energy-saving device.
Note: The water heater must be free of damaging scale deposits and not subject to gas pressures greater than those shown on the rating plate, which must not be altered, defaced or removed.
1. The Owner should contact the dealer who sold the water heater covered by this warranty or
2. Owner should submit the warranty claim directly to CEC at the address listed below, and they will arrange for the handling of the claim.
3. Whenever any inquiry or service request is made, be sure to include the water heater model number, the date of manufacture, date of installation, Dealer's name and the watts and voltage.
4. When returning the water heater or component part(s), they must be individually tagged and identified with the Returned Goods Authorization # issued by CEC and shipped prepaid to CEC at the address below.
No one is authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of CEC. It is expressly understood that the replacement warranty of CEC shall be in lieu of any and all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or
purpose, and further that CEC shall not be liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from the use of the hot water heater, or for any consequential damages arising from such use (including damages from water leakage). CEC's sole liability with respect to any defect
shall be for the replacement of defective part(s). Some states do not allow such limitations and exclusions, so the above may not apply to you. This warranty gives specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state. In the event that warranty service is
required, reasonable proof of the effective date of installation and operation must be provided; otherwise it may not be possible to honor warranty.